The research "Center for Life–Nanoscience" of IIT@Sapienza is offering a position as Research Technologist in the IIT laboratories that are established at the University of Rome "Sapienza".
Commencing date: 2/ 2012
Duty station: Rome, Italy
- Responsibility of the technical staff associated to the microscopy core facility.
- Laboratory management, instrument maintenance and scheduling, space organization and upkeep (e.g. microscopes, equipment rooms, etc.).
- Interface with IIT's headquarters service departments (building maintenance, scientific instrument maintenance, workshops, core facilities) for the needs of the research groups.
- Regular meetings and communication with the technical staff of the different research units to coordinate all technological issues concerning the experimental techniques developed within the laboratories
- Support in scientific reporting and meeting organization.
- Fund raising through national and international funding scheme.
- Development and usage of optical Laser generation and radiation detection, coupled with spectroscopy and microscopy techniques, for investigating biomolecular and biochemical systems, including hydration of simple and larger molecules.
- Design of an independent research activity in the field of technology innovation dedicated to the biomedical activities developed within the IIT/Sapienza outstation research mission.
- Presentation of the results of the research activity in articles and at conferences.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate for this position will be a researcher with at least 5 years post doctoral experience at international level, holding a PhD in Physics or Material Science, or equivalent and with a strong background in experimental techniques. She/He would also have previous experience in managing public access to scientific instruments and the related staff. The research technologist will support the Director of the laboratory in the management, organization and integration of the activities of the different research groups, particularly supporting the synergy between the technological developments and the biomedical research. The position requires excellent and broad technical, organizational, interpersonal and management skills. It carries significant responsibility and requires exceptional reliability. The chosen candidate will provide high-level support for the Director of the laboratory. Extensive experience and competence in radiation generation and detection, as well as in spectroscopy will be an asset. Computer literacy required. Fluency in English is essential.
Salary will depend on qualifications and experience. This post will offer possible future career options and advancement on successful completion.
In order to comply with the Italian law (art. 23 of Privacy Law of the Italian Legislative Decree n. 196/03), we have to kindly ask the candidate to give his/her consent to allow IIT to process his/her personal data. The Italian Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
We inform you that the information you provided will be used solely for the purpose of assessing your professional profile to meet the requirements of the IIT Foundation.
Your data will be processed by the IIT Foundation, with headquarters in Genoa, Via Morego, 30, acting as the Data Holder, using computer and paper based means, observing the rules on protection of personal data, including those relating to the security of data.
Please also note that, pursuant to art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003, you may exercise your rights at any time as a party concerned by contacting the Data Manager.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.