POST DOC CALL in "Novel Nanotech-Based Approaches for the study and the treatment of Neurodegenerative diseases " @ CLNS - IIT@Sapienza
BC : 66458
The Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is a private law Foundation, created with special Government Law no. 269 of September 30th 2003, with the objective of promoting Italy's technological development and higher education in science and technology. Research at IIT is carried out in highly innovative scientific fields with state-of-the-art technology.
A postdoctoral position will be available since November 1st 2012 in the Center for Life Nanoscience (CLNS, Rome, Italy) at the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia to work on the molecular processes relevant for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) initiation and progression .
The project will explore:
- The molecular circuitries controlling normal and pathological neuronal activity and differentiation
- The molecular basis of neuromuscular diseases with specific interest in ALS pathogenesis
- The pathogenetic mechanism of ALS-associated proteins involved in RNA metabolism.
- The role of non coding RNAs (ncRNAs) and the mechanisms through which they are involved in neuromuscular disease with specific interest in ALS pathology
- Therapeutic strategies of gene delivery into muscle and/or motor neuron cells to improve neuron survival and activity
Ideal candidates should have a PhD in Molecular Biology or Cell Biology or Biochemistry , and a good knowledge of both Italian and English is essential.
The ideal candidate should have specific experience with:
- Knowledge on post-transcriptional mechanisms of gene expression control.
- Non coding RNAs: identification, function, biogenesis, regulation of expression and interactors.
- Techniques on advanced molecular, biochemical and cellular methodologies for the study of RNA and RNA-protein interaction.
We value scientists with a proactive attitude and results-oriented mindset, good interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary research team.
The employment will be for 3 years, renewable. An internationally competitive salary, dependent on experience, will be offered.
Please, mention "Post Doc call in" your application. The position is open until filled but, for full consideration, please apply before 15 July 2012
In order to comply with the Italian law (art. 23 of Privacy Law of the Italian Legislative Decree n. 196/03), we have to kindly ask the candidate to give his/her consent to allow IIT to process his/her personal data.
We inform you that the information you provided will be used solely for the purpose of assessing your professional profile to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, with headquarters in Genoa, Via Morego, 30, acting as the Data Holder, using computer and paper based means, observing the rules on protection of personal data, including those relating to the security of data.
Please also note that, pursuant to art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003, you may exercise your rights at any time as a party concerned by contacting the Data Manager.
The Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.