The Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (http://www.iit.it) is a private law Foundation, created with special Government Law no. 269 of September 30th 2003, with the objective of promoting Italy's technological development and higher education in science and technology. Research at IIT is carried out in highly innovative scientific fields with state-of-the-art technology.
A postdoctoral position in “Role of FUS mutations in the molecular pathogenesis of ALS”, will be available in the Center for Life Nanoscience at the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (CLNS@SAPIENZA, Rome, Italy).
The project will explore:
- The molecular circuitries controlling normal and pathological neuronal activity and differentiation.
- The molecular basis of neuromuscular diseases with specific interest in ALS pathogenesis.
- The pathogenetic mechanisms of ALS-associated proteins involved in RNA metabolism.
- The role of non coding RNAs (ncRNAs) and the mechanisms through which they are involved in neuromuscular disease with specific interest in ALS pathology.
- Therapeutic strategies of gene delivery into muscle and/or motor neuron cells to improve neuron survival and activity.
Ideal candidates should have a PhD in Molecular Biology or Cell Biology or Biochemistry, and a good knowledge of both Italian and English is essential.
The position requires excellent and specific experience with:
- Knowledge on post-transcriptional mechanisms of gene expression control.
- Non coding RNAs: identification, function, biogenesis, regulation of expression and interactors.
- Techniques on advanced molecular, biochemical and cellular methodologies for the study of RNA and RNA-protein interaction.
- Expertise of in vitro manipulation of neuronal cell lines
We value scientists with a proactive attitude and results-oriented mindset, good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary research team.
An internationally competitive salary, dependent on experience, will be offered.
Please, mention “Post Doc call in “Role of FUS mutations in the molecular pathogenesis of ALS – BC 67972” in your application.
Please apply before: February 25, 2014.
In order to comply with the Italian law (art. 23 of Privacy Law of the Italian Legislative Decree n. 196/03), we have to kindly ask the candidate to give his/her consent to allow IIT to process his/her personal data. We inform you that the information you provided will be used solely for the purpose of assessing your professional profile to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, with headquarters in Genoa, Via Morego, 30, acting as the Data Holder, using computer and paper based means, observing the rules on protection of personal data, including those relating to the security of data.
Please also note that, pursuant to art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003, you may exercise your rights at any time as a party concerned by contacting the Data Manager.
The Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.