Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, IIT (http://www.iit.it) is a private law Foundation, created with special Government Law no. 269 dated September 30th 2003, with the objective of promoting Italy's technological development and higher education in science and technology. Research at IIT is carried out in highly innovative scientific fields with state-of-the-art technology.
A postdoctoral position in "Cell culture facility" is going to be available at the Center for Life Nanoscience at Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (CLNS@SAPIENZA, Rome, Italy).
The project will explore:
- The molecular basis of neuronal and muscle differentiation and of neuro-muscular diseases with specific interest in ALS pathogenesis;
- Novel strategies for the treatment of brain tumours through targeting cancer stem cell-specific signalling pathways.
Candidates should have a PhD in Biology and experience in molecular and cellular biology and laboratory skills.
- The position requires excellent and specific experience in:
- Maintenance of a cell culture facility
- Basic cell culture techniques and maintenance of adherent and suspension mammalian cell lines and primary human cells
- Isolation and growth of human fibroblasts and muscle cell cultures derived from biopsies
- Basic methodologies of cytological analysis and immunohistochemistry
- Techniques of in-vitro cell transfection, differentiation and marker detection
- Methodologies of lentiviral vectors production and cell infection
- Methodologies for the derivation and differentiation of induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells from human somatic cells and of mouse embryonic stem cells.
We are looking for scientists with a proactive attitude and results-oriented mindset, good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary research team. An internationally competitive salary, dependent on experience, will be offered.
Please, quote "Post Doc call in Cell culture facility - BC 68986" in the subject line.
Please apply before: March 23, 2015
In order to comply with Italian law (art. 23 of Privacy Law of the Italian Legislative Decree n. 196/03), the candidate is kindly asked to give his/her consent to allow Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia to process his/her personal data.
We inform you that the information you provide will be solely used for the purpose of evaluating and selecting candidates in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, with its headquarters in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as the Data Holder, using computer and paper-based means, observing the rules on the protection of personal data, including those relating to the security of data, and they will not be communicated to thirds.
Please also note that, pursuant to art.7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003, you may exercise your rights at any time as a party concerned by contacting the Data Holder.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.