Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia IIT is a private law Foundation, created with special Government Law no. 269 dated September 30th 2003 with the objective of promoting Italy's technological development and higher education in science and technology. Research at IIT is carried out in highly innovative scientific fields with state-of-the-art technology.
A postdoctoral position in “Targeting replication stress in brain tumors” is available at the Center for Life Nanoscience at Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (CLNS@SAPIENZA, Rome, Italy).
The position is linked to a project focussing on:
- In silico identification of potentially actionable molecular targets of the MYCN-dependent replication stress response;
- Development of a preclinical bioluminescent MYCN-driven brain tumor mice model;
- In vivo imaging of brain tumor modulation by pharmacological targeting of the MYCN-dependent replication stress response;
The ideal candidate has gained experience in:
- Mechanisms of regulation of cell proliferation, DNA replication and DNA damage response;
- Isolation and manipulation of Granule Cell Progenitors
- Main techniques of translational Molecular Medicine, Cell biology, biochemistry and molecular biology
- Good knowledge and handling of genetically modified mice.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with an educational background in translational Molecular Medicine and Oncology or closely related fields.
Successful candidates are expected to have a PhD degree in Cell Biology or Molecular Biology or Molecular and/or Translational Medicine and Oncology or closely related fields along with a strong record of at least 3-year research activity.
We value scientists with proactive attitude and result-oriented mindset, good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary research team. An internationally competitive salary, dependent on experience, will be offered.
Please apply before: August 22, 2015
In order to comply with the Italian law (art. 23 of Privacy Law of the Italian Legislative Decree n. 196/03), the candidate is kindly asked to give his/her consent to allow IIT to process his/her personal data. We inform you that the information you provide will be solely used for the purpose of assessing your professional profile to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, with its headquarters in Genoa, Via Morego, 30, acting as the Data Holder, using computer and paper-based means, observing the rules on the protection of personal data, including those relating to the security of data.
Please also note that, pursuant to art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003, you may exercise your rights at any time as a party concerned by contacting the Data Manager.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.